BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Please take time to check out our sponsors

Friday, August 27, 2010

Guess I'd Get More Play In NY If I Were A Rapper

As I'm trying to promote my new single Story Of An Underdog, I've heard pretty good feedback from the people, but the blogs however are feeding me another story......
Apparently since I'm from Queens, NY I have to rap about the drug game and the crime rate and about how real I am and how fake "they" are in order to get some play on their site. I found it funny, because I've heard time and time again that New Yorkers rap about the same thing, but I guess that's how everyone wants it. So I guess I should stick to freestyles and cyphers and battles huh. Truth be told there's no point in trying to get a buzz in New York, because all New York radio DJ's play is what's hot in the South or what's hot in Cali.
Can we start focusing on being artist and not just rappers? Stop with the freestyles, work on killing your own beats and not someone elses! Also, can we make songs that are actually about something other than the typical subject matter of money, girls, & crime? It's like we're clowns, nobody respects us for what we do, yet because it's amusing the industry wants us to keep doing it. If you notice, it doesn't sell, and half the people talking about it are lying. Also understand this, if you really hood, you don't have to try and claim it. I'm from the ghetto, that doesn't mean I am ghetto, or that I have to claim it to look cool.
Music is art, forget the genre, remember that as well.

0 comments: